This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5569 / 51°33'24"N
Longitude: -0.821 / 0°49'15"W
OS Eastings: 481831
OS Northings: 184884
OS Grid: SU818848
Mapcode National: GBR D60.98H
Mapcode Global: VHDWH.Q4B9
Entry Name: North Lodge to Danesfield House
Listing Date: 9 August 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1125595
English Heritage Legacy ID: 47026
Location: Medmenham, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, SL7
Civil Parish: Medmenham
Built-Up Area: Danesfield
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Medmenham
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
MEDMENHAM HENLEY ROAD
SU 88 SW
8/143 North Lodge to Danesfield
Former lodge, now house. Dated AD 1844 on heraldic plaque with initials
SM ( Scott-Murray). Probably by Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin who designed
R.C. chapel in Danesfield grounds.
Knapped flint, brick quoins, brick and ashlar dressings. Plain tile roof with ornamental ridge tiles; waved wooden bargeboards with wooden finials; central chimney with group of 6 diagonal brick shafts. Approximately cruciform with gabled bays to N., E. and W., gabled porch to S., and small lean-tos in N. angles. 2 storeys. N. gable has 2-storey canted bay window with stone mullions,
leaded lights, and hipped tile roof; date plaque on right return wall.
Lean-to with wooden casement to left; lean-to porch to right with
arched stone light to front, and studded door in 4-centred chamfered
brick arch to right side. Similar arch over S. door. W. gable has single
storey bay window and 2-light wooden casement in chamfered brick surround
above. Wooden casements to remainder. N. and W. gables have finials
with heraldic iron flags.
Listing NGR: SU8183184884
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings