This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3431 / 52°20'35"N
Longitude: 0.4134 / 0°24'48"E
OS Eastings: 564498
OS Northings: 274412
OS Grid: TL644744
Mapcode National: GBR N8S.3B9
Mapcode Global: VHJG4.3CWM
Entry Name: Lady Peytons Almshouses
Listing Date: 17 November 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1126468
English Heritage Legacy ID: 48812
Location: Isleham, East Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB7
District: East Cambridgeshire
Civil Parish: Isleham
Built-Up Area: Isleham
Traditional County: Cambridgeshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Isleham St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Ely
TL 6474 ISLEHAM THE CAUSEWAY
14/1 Nos. 15-23 (odd nos.)
Almhouses built in 1842, restored and modernised in 1982.
Clunch with red brick casing and yellow brick quoins, and
dressings to door and window openings. Low pitch, hipped slate
roof with ridge stacks. Single storey. Originally the front
elevation had five Y-casements and five doorways all in pointed
arches with moulded labels of stone, now three of the doorways
have been converted to windows. The almshouses were re-estab-
lished by Lady Frances Peyton in 1582.
Listing NGR: TL6449874412
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings