This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.5723 / 52°34'20"N
Longitude: -0.2407 / 0°14'26"W
OS Eastings: 519324
OS Northings: 298622
OS Grid: TL193986
Mapcode National: GBR HZP.RY8
Mapcode Global: WHHNK.8LMT
Entry Name: Diocesan House
Listing Date: 7 February 1952
Last Amended: 7 May 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1126938
English Heritage Legacy ID: 49671
Location: Peterborough, PE1
County: City of Peterborough
Electoral Ward/Division: Central
Built-Up Area: Peterborough
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
No 24 (Diocesan House)
(Formerly listed as
Abbot"s Gate & ranges
to East & West)
TL 1998 NW 1/374 7.2.52.
Origins Cl14 largely altered in mid C19. Mainly rubble. Crenellated parapet
with crossed arrowslits. Moddillion cornice. External chimney to front.
2 windows arched heads with dripmould, 4-light transom and mullion, top
lights have cusped heals. Wand at cills. On ground floor, one window,
4-light stone mullion with flat dripmould With shield stops. Cl9 gabled
ashlar porch. Doorway with dripmould, double door. To left, a tower with
small irregular windows. Stepped buttress to side, and, on ground floor,
a large arched recess, the remains of a former dooway or window, with a
small later window with dripmould inserted. Rear elevation probably C16
Nos 24 to 28 (consec), Bishop's Gate, and King's Lodging form a group.
Listing NGR: TL1932498622
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings