This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.5741 / 52°34'26"N
Longitude: -0.2398 / 0°14'23"W
OS Eastings: 519384
OS Northings: 298824
OS Grid: TL193988
Mapcode National: GBR HZQ.L6P
Mapcode Global: WHHNK.9K2G
Entry Name: Peterscourt
Listing Date: 7 May 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1126956
English Heritage Legacy ID: 49606
Location: Peterborough, PE1
County: City of Peterborough
Electoral Ward/Division: Central
Built-Up Area: Peterborough
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
TL 1998 NW 1/106
1856-64. Sir G G Scott, architect. Built as a teacher training college
for men, now council offices. Red brick. Tiled roof. Paired lancet headed
windows. 2 storeys and gabled semi-dormers. Left hand block of 3 storeys,
3 light windows with head diapered brick in recess.
Mainly listed for doorway , which was brought from tie London Guildhall damaged
in the Second World War. Early C18. Wood. Finely carved Corinthian pilasters
with swags on frieze. Rectangular fanlight with ¨Gothic¨ glazing.
Listing NGR: TL1938498824
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings