History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Caldecote, Cambridgeshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1884 / 52°11'18"N

Longitude: -0.0308 / 0°1'50"W

OS Eastings: 534711

OS Northings: 256286

OS Grid: TL347562

Mapcode National: GBR K5Y.R12

Mapcode Global: VHGMR.F827

Entry Name: The Old Rectory

Listing Date: 31 May 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1127192

English Heritage Legacy ID: 51082

Location: Caldecote, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB23

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

Civil Parish: Caldecote

Traditional County: Cambridgeshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Caldecote St Michael and All Angels

Church of England Diocese: Ely

Find accommodation in
Kingston

Listing Text

TL 35 CALDECOTE MAIN STREET
(East Side)

7/52 The Old Rectory

II

House, formerly the rectory. Late C15, C17 alterations and C19.
Timber-frame and brick, rendered. Plain tile roof. Two storeys and one
storey and attic. Original hall with crosswing to right hand and underbuilt
jetty to west. C19 wing to left hand. Two C17 ridge stacks to each
crosswing rebuilt C19. West facing elevation: C19 wing with five-light
transomed casement bay window and similar three-light window above, one
casement dormer window to hall range, and one casement window with glazing
bars at each floor level of crosswing to right hand. Main entrance in north
elevation. Interior: C17 chamfered floor beam and large hearth with baking
oven to hall, exposed ceiling beams and crown-post of original roof to late
C15 crosswing. Relined inglenook hearth, and sealed hearth. Terrier of 1664
records the building as being damaged by fire in 1607.

R.C.H.M. West Cambs. p33, mon.3
V.C.H., Vol. V, p24


Listing NGR: TL3487057142

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.