This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1924 / 52°11'32"N
Longitude: -0.0629 / 0°3'46"W
OS Eastings: 532505
OS Northings: 256674
OS Grid: TL325566
Mapcode National: GBR K5X.GX5
Mapcode Global: VHGMQ.V5L4
Entry Name: Manor Farmhouse
Listing Date: 31 August 1962
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1127209
English Heritage Legacy ID: 51028
Location: Bourn, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB23
District: South Cambridgeshire
Civil Parish: Bourn
Built-Up Area: Bourn
Traditional County: Cambridgeshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Bourn St Helena and St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Ely
TL 3256-3356 BOURN ALMS HILL
15/1 No 14
31. 8.62 Manor Farmhouse
Farmhouse. Late C13, late medieval and early C17. Timber-framed cased, or
rebuilt in C19 gault brick. Plain tile roofs. Two rebuilt red brick ridge
stacks and painted brick end stack. One storey and attics find two storeys.
Irregular L-plan with crosswings to north-west and south-east. Main range of
south-east includes three bays of an aisled hall with later inserted floors
and chimney stack (for complete structural details see RCHM). North-west
elevation. Crosswing to left hand with painted brick external gable stack,
south-east range to right hand with gablet to hipped roof. Two doorways to
right and left hand with C20 doors, and with segmental brick arches. Door to
right hand with C19 canopy supported on shaped brackets. Three horizontal
sliding sash windows with small panes include two of three lights. One
gabled dormer window and one attic window both with horizontal sliding
sashes. The farmhouse was formerly owned by Christ's College, the C13 aisled
hall was probably Barnwell's manor-house rebuilt after it had been burnt in
1266 by Montfortian rebels raiding from the Isle of Ely.
R.C.H.M. West Cambs. p24, mon.8
V.C.H. Vol. V, p9
Listing NGR: TL3250556674
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings