History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Mill

A Grade II Listed Building in Elsworth, Cambridgeshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2593 / 52°15'33"N

Longitude: -0.0584 / 0°3'30"W

OS Eastings: 532612

OS Northings: 264123

OS Grid: TL326641

Mapcode National: GBR K54.B1V

Mapcode Global: VHGMB.XGZW

Entry Name: The Old Mill

Listing Date: 25 September 1984

Last Amended: 29 January 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1127252

English Heritage Legacy ID: 50924

Location: Elsworth, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB23

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

Civil Parish: Elsworth

Built-Up Area: Elsworth

Traditional County: Cambridgeshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Elsworth Holy Trinity

Church of England Diocese: Ely

Find accommodation in
St Ives

Listing Text

In the entry for

TL 36SW ELSWORTH BOXWORTH ROAD
(North Side)

9/17 No. 61 (The Old Mill)

GV II

The description shall be amended to read:-

Tower Mill, now a dwelling. Dated J.P./W.P. 1854 on brick over arch of former main
door. Tarred gault brick. Tapering tower of four storeys without cap. Mild
steel windows with glazing bars fanned to round headed arches at each floor level.
Mill orginally with floor sails and gallery, in use until 1922, single storey exten-
sion and convertion to domestic use c.1935.

------------------------------------

TL 36SW ELSWORTH BOXWORTH ROAD
(North Side)

9/17 No.61 (The Old Mill)

GV II


Tower mill now a dwelling. c.1840. Tarred gault brick.
Tapering tower of four storeys without cap. Cast iron windows
with glazing bars fanned to round headed arches at each floor
level. Mill originally with floor sails and gallery, in use
until 1922, single storey extension and convertion to domestic
use c.1935.


Listing NGR: TL3261264123

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.