History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Teversham, Cambridgeshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2052 / 52°12'18"N

Longitude: 0.1871 / 0°11'13"E

OS Eastings: 549546

OS Northings: 258589

OS Grid: TL495585

Mapcode National: GBR M8Q.L41

Mapcode Global: VHHK4.6T7T

Entry Name: The Rectory

Listing Date: 26 April 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1127423

English Heritage Legacy ID: 50535

Location: Teversham, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB1

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

Civil Parish: Teversham

Built-Up Area: Teversham

Traditional County: Cambridgeshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Teversham All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Ely

Find accommodation in
Cherry Hinton

Listing Text

TL 45 NE TEVERSHAM CHURCH ROAD
(North East Side)

6/196 No. 30 (The
Rectory)

II


Rectory built in 1819 by James Webster for Rev. John Brocklebank
to replace an earlier house, fragments of which may have been
incorporated in the present building. Grey gault brick with
slate roofs and end stacks to each gable end. The guttering at
the front is masked by a moulded wood eaves cornice with paired
brackets. The house is built on a plan of two parallel, linked
ranges. Two storeys. The main front is to the garden and has
four recessed hung sashes in flat, gauged brick arches to each
floor. The first floor windows have later C19 louvred
shutters. The principal entry is in the West gable end of the
rear range almost beneath the valley. Reeded doorcase with boss
enrichments at the corners. Door with eight beaded panels and
above a rectangular fanlight with glazing bars. Above the
doorway is a similar recessed hung sash and on either side a
blind recess. Inside the house retains its original plan with
the incumbents study off the corridor. The staircase and
plaster cornice mouldings are original, as are the reeded
doorcases and a fireplace.

R.C.H.M. (North East Cambs.), p137, mon (3)


Listing NGR: TL4954658589

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.