History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Home Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Thornhaugh, Peterborough

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »


Latitude: 52.5918 / 52°35'30"N

Longitude: -0.4535 / 0°27'12"W

OS Eastings: 504856

OS Northings: 300452

OS Grid: TF048004

Mapcode National: GBR FWL.D63

Mapcode Global: WHGMB.039X

Plus Code: 9C4XHGRW+PH

Entry Name: Home Farmhouse

Listing Date: 24 February 1982

Last Amended: 9 January 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1127461

English Heritage Legacy ID: 50412

Location: Thornhaugh, Peterborough, PE8

County: Peterborough

Civil Parish: Thornhaugh

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Thornhaugh and Wansford

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in


In the entry for:
TF 00 SW 8/618 New Farmhouse
The item shall be amended to read:

(north side)
TF 00 SW 8/618 Home Farmhouse
(formerly listed as
II GV New Farmhouse)
The description shall be amended to read:

House formerly a farmhouse. Mid C18 with C19 alterations and additions c.1911.
Coursed limestone with ashlar and moulded stone dressings. Collyweston stone
slated roofs hipped to west and south. Parapet gables,ashlar end stack and two
ridge stacks. Moulded stone cornice. Two storeys with attics and service basement
at ground floor level to rear. Original house of five bays with addition wing of
three bays forming L-plan. Gabled entrance porch dated 1863 with imposts to round
headed arched doorway; four ground floor and five first floor recessed twelve-paned
hung sash windows with plain architraves and raised keystones. Plain band between
floors; ashlar quoins. Three hipped dormer windows with casements.Two storey
addition to west gable of one bay with mullioned windows at each floor level.
Interior: C18 staircase to attic and basement floors, revised moulded ceiling beams;
C19 doors. The farmhouse was rebuilt by the Duke of Bedford on the site of the
former hunting lodge of the 1st Lord Russell Baron of Thornhaugh and is illustrated
in a drawing dated July 1721.


New Farmhouse
TF 00 SW 8/618
C18 house with C12 wing forming L-shaped plan. Coursed stone. Collyweston
stone roof with coped gable ends. Ashlar end stacks. Moulded eaves cornice.
Plain stone band at floor level. Two storeys and attic. Five bays. Sashes
with glazing bars in plain stone architraves with keyblocks. Central stone
porch with date 1863 in gable. Three small hipped dormers with moulded cornices.
At south-west end a lower 2 storey one bay wing with hipped Collyweston stone
roof with moulded stone mullion windows.
Wing on east end built in 1911 in Georgian style, 2 storeys, 3 bays.

Listing NGR: TF0485600452

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.