This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6424 / 52°38'32"N
Longitude: -0.2733 / 0°16'23"W
OS Eastings: 516931
OS Northings: 306365
OS Grid: TF169063
Mapcode National: GBR GXK.9QN
Mapcode Global: WHHN4.SV13
Entry Name: Former Railway Station
Listing Date: 24 February 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1127500
English Heritage Legacy ID: 50308
Location: Peakirk, Peterborough, PE6
County: City of Peterborough
Civil Parish: Peakirk
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Peakirk St Pega
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
5141 PEAKIRK ST PEGA'S ROAD
Former Railway Station
TF 1606 31/510
Built in 1848, for opening of the GNR loop line, with later alterations and
extensions. Italianate gault brick building with low pitched hipped slate
roofs with wide eaves. The main range facing the line is single storeyed
with a low gabled entrance canopy over recess with round arched doorway, and
left hand tripartite round arched window. Right hand 3 storey tower with
pyramidal roof and round headed windows. The platform has been dismantled.
At the rear are one and 2 storey wings with gabled and hipped roof at various
levels forming stepped profile terminating in the tower roof.
Listing NGR: TF1693106365
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings