History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Livemore House

A Grade II Listed Building in Linton, Cambridgeshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0978 / 52°5'52"N

Longitude: 0.2821 / 0°16'55"E

OS Eastings: 556417

OS Northings: 246839

OS Grid: TL564468

Mapcode National: GBR MB6.D4Q

Mapcode Global: VHHKR.VJ0P

Entry Name: Livemore House

Listing Date: 22 November 1967

Last Amended: 30 September 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1127674

English Heritage Legacy ID: 51955

Location: Linton, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB21

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

Civil Parish: Linton

Built-Up Area: Linton

Traditional County: Cambridgeshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Linton St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Ely

Find accommodation in
Bartlow

Listing Text

TL 5646 LINTON HIGH STREET
(North Side)

16/141 No. 117 (Livemore
House) (formerly listed as
No 121)
GV II

House. Early C17 with late C17 alterations and C18, C19 and C20 additions
and alterations. Timber-framed and plastered with plain tile roofs. Large
ridge stack of red brick with upper courses rebuilt; external gable end
stack to right hand with offsets and two rebuilt diagonal shafts. Two
storeys with attics, early C18 single storey range to rear, stair turret
possibly rebuilt, and outshut. Three unit plan with main entrance in lobby
entry position, C20 gabled porch with shaped barge boards and six-panelled
door. Two C20 canted bay windows to right hand and transomed window to left
hand with similar casements. Three three-light first floor casement
windows; three gabled dormer windows with single lights replacing original
three-light casements. Plastered plinth. Interior: Attic floor, inserted
in late C17, partly masks wall painting on west face of plastered stack with
a design of leaf forms and stylistic flowers in grey and black with some
traces of foliage design on first floor fireplace. Fireplaces with brick
jambs. Reused timber exposed in floor frames. Original partition between
rooms to east removed. Painted boarded door. The house was built on the
site used for the vicarage from 1280-1473; it was used as the Unionist Club
in 1913.

R.C.H.M. Report 1951 and c.1970
V.C.H. Vol. VI p100
Palmer, W.M. The Antiquities of Linton, 1913 CC


Listing NGR: TL5641746839

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Kaleidoscope
    Linton, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB21
  • II Ram House
    Linton, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB21
  • II Granta House
    Linton, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB21
  • II 111, High Street
    Linton, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB21
  • II Linton Homecare
    Linton, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB21
  • II Zenkers
    Linton, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB21
  • II Summerfield House
    Linton, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB21
  • II Victoria House
    Linton, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB21

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.