History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Bull Lane Cottage

A Grade II Listed Building in West Wratting, Cambridgeshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1461 / 52°8'45"N

Longitude: 0.3416 / 0°20'29"E

OS Eastings: 560321

OS Northings: 252340

OS Grid: TL603523

Mapcode National: GBR NC0.H5P

Mapcode Global: VHHKL.VBZ4

Entry Name: Bull Lane Cottage

Listing Date: 11 April 1980

Last Amended: 12 December 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1127931

English Heritage Legacy ID: 51363

Location: West Wratting, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB21

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

Civil Parish: West Wratting

Built-Up Area: West Wratting

Traditional County: Cambridgeshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: West Wratting St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Ely

Find accommodation in
West Wratting

Listing Text

In the entry for:
WEST WRATTING BULL LANE
TL 6052
13/166
Bull Lane Cottage
II
The address shall be amenended to read:
BULL LANE
No 1 (Bull Lane Cottage)
The date 11.4.80 shall be added to the entry.

------------------------------------

WEST WRATTING BULL LANE
TL 6052
13/166 Bull Lane Cottage
GV II
Cottage. Two main building periods. 1762 (dated panel in front wall) and
mid C19. Timber framed, rendered and brick. Thatch and pantile roofs. 1762
part originally a three bay lobby entry cottage. One storey and attic. One
dormer. One ground floor hung sash, C19 with twenty panes and C18 three
leaded light casement. Boarded door to lobby entry. In mid C19 the cottage
was altered at the south west end and subdivided. Timber framed and brick
rendered. Roof raised and first floor and attic added forming a crosswing.
Pantiled roof. Two storeys and attic. Pointed arch to lancet window in
attic and to two first floor casements with Y-tracery and leaded lights.
Huny sashes at ground floor remaining from original cottage. Two doorways
with boarded doors. South west end bay originally shop and bus shelter.
Date 1762 and initials I.E. in flints reset in panel. Inside: Abutting
hearths of C19 probably rebuilt reusing existing red brick. A partition wall
of the C18 cottage was replaced by red brick wall 1 at the same time. Framing
is generally slender and typical of C18.

Listing NGR: TL6032152340

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.