History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

61 and 63, Abbey Street

A Grade II Listed Building in Ickleton, Cambridgeshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0703 / 52°4'13"N

Longitude: 0.1734 / 0°10'24"E

OS Eastings: 549063

OS Northings: 243554

OS Grid: TL490435

Mapcode National: GBR MBF.2NP

Mapcode Global: VHHKW.Y7J7

Entry Name: 61 and 63, Abbey Street

Listing Date: 22 November 1967

Last Amended: 17 December 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1128046

English Heritage Legacy ID: 53009

Location: Ickleton, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB10

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

Civil Parish: Ickleton

Built-Up Area: Ickleton

Traditional County: Cambridgeshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Ickleton

Church of England Diocese: Ely

Find accommodation in
Ickleton

Listing Text

TL 4845 ICKLETON ABBEY STREET
(South-east side)
22.11.67
21/197 Nos. 61 and 63 (formerly
listed as Butcher's shop)
GV II
Farmhouse. Late C16 with early to mid C17 range to rear and C19
alterations. Timber-framed and plastered with flint and red brick dressings
and painted brick casing. Red plain tiled and C20 plain tiled roofs. Two
storeys; original three unit plan to main street range refronted in C19.
Entrance with half glazed panelled door and reeded doorcase with corner
bosses; three-light casement window to right hand and later inserted windows
to left hand. Three large gabled dormer windows. C17 red brick ridge stack
to left of centre with sawtooth brick cornice and two rebuilt diagonal
shafts. Two similar rebuilt shafts to rear ridge stack. Lozenge-shaped
pargetted panel dated 1684 with an enriched boarder on north-east wall
similar to another on the same wall now destroyed. Interior: Sealed
hearths, stop-chamfered ceiling beams; evidence in former butcher's shop for
division of original service rooms to north-east of street range.
RCHM Report 1949


Listing NGR: TL4906343554

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.