History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Harlequin House and Flint Wall to North East

A Grade II Listed Building in Ickleton, Cambridgeshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0708 / 52°4'14"N

Longitude: 0.175 / 0°10'30"E

OS Eastings: 549171

OS Northings: 243614

OS Grid: TL491436

Mapcode National: GBR MBF.32Z

Mapcode Global: VHHKW.Z6CV

Entry Name: Harlequin House and Flint Wall to North East

Listing Date: 17 December 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1128086

English Heritage Legacy ID: 53005

Location: Ickleton, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB10

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

Civil Parish: Ickleton

Built-Up Area: Ickleton

Traditional County: Cambridgeshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Ickleton

Church of England Diocese: Ely

Find accommodation in
Ickleton

Listing Text

TL 4843 ICKLETON ABBEY STREET
(South-east side)
21/193 No. 43
(Harlequin House)
and flint wall to
north-east
GV II
Farmhouse. Late C17 or early C18 range to early C17 street range with late
C18 or early C19 alterations and rear additions. Timber-framed and plastered
C19 gault brick and painted brick casing, flint with gault brick dressings.
Plain tiled and slated roofs. Two storeys with attics. Main north-west,
south-east range of three units refaced in C19 with symmetrical garden facade
and entrance with glazed door, side lights and fanlight; two flanking bay
windows with shallow tented roofs, three first floor segmental headed hung
sash windows with margin glazing bars. Gable end stack and shallow parapet
to left hand, ridge stack to right hand. Street range of three 'bays' with
three ground floor, and three first floor horizontal sliding sash and
casement windows in segmental brick arches. Parapet gables and large
rectangular planned stack to right hand with dentil cornice and two diagonal
shafts united by flying arch at head. Main entrance in rear elevation with
six-panelled door in two storey gabled extension in angle of original
ranges. Interior: Exposed timber-frame; early C19 Gothic details.
Overmantel of street range plastered plaque dated 1634 with strapwork in low
relief, not in situ. C19 garden boundary wall, flint with gault brick
dressings and moulded brick coping of six bays.
RCHM Report 1949


Listing NGR: TL4917143614

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.