This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1527 / 52°9'9"N
Longitude: -0.1925 / 0°11'32"W
OS Eastings: 523761
OS Northings: 252025
OS Grid: TL237520
Mapcode National: GBR J50.05J
Mapcode Global: VHGMV.M533
Entry Name: Blythe Farmhouse
Listing Date: 22 November 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1128186
English Heritage Legacy ID: 52742
Location: Gamlingay, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, SG19
District: South Cambridgeshire
Civil Parish: Gamlingay
Built-Up Area: Gamlingay
Traditional County: Cambridgeshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Gamlingay St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Ely
GAMLINGAY MILL STREET
TL 2352 (East side)
No 51 (Blythe
House. Initials SM and date 1670 possibly reset in late render over front
door. Timber frame, rendered and tiled roof. Red brick ridge stack of four
diagonally set linked shafts in line on rectangular base. T-plan with
lean-to, probably later, in the angle. Two storeys and attic. Two,
two-storey canted bays on either side of baffle entry doorway. Early C19
flush panelled door. Kitchen wing, also framed, rendered and tiled. Single
storey. Later gabled stair turret and flanking lean-to to domestic addition.
Inglenook hearths now blocked. In 1664 the house was owned by Stephen
Apthorpe. It is possible that one initial is missing or has been removed.
RCHM: West Cambs mon (34)
C Brown: Mss Notes (1985)
Listing NGR: TL2376152025
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings