This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.351 / 52°21'3"N
Longitude: 0.0137 / 0°0'49"E
OS Eastings: 537248
OS Northings: 274456
OS Grid: TL372744
Mapcode National: GBR K42.Q7P
Mapcode Global: VHHJG.652K
Entry Name: Parish Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 30 May 1958
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1128556
English Heritage Legacy ID: 53767
Location: Bluntisham, Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire, PE28
Civil Parish: Bluntisham
Built-Up Area: Bluntisham
Traditional County: Huntingdonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Bluntisham cum Earith St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Ely
BLUNTISHAM RECTORY ROAD
Parish Church of
TL 37 SE 8/1 30.5.58
Parish Church of Bluntisham-cum Earith. Apsidal chancel and chapel C14, west tower
late C14, nave and aisles mid C15 with later porches and buttresses. Restoration
and repair carried out in C17 and C19. Stone and pebble rubble walls with Ketton
and Barnack stone and clunch dressings. Some brick in upper stages of tower. Lead
and old plain tile roofs. Tower of three stages with embattled parapet and stair
turret in NE angle. Octagonal spire with ranges of alternating spire lights with
gabled heads. Aisles extend to face of tower with wave moulded plinth band interrupted
by later porches and buttresses. Nave clerestory with four windows each with two
cinquefoil lights in four centred heals. Apsidal end to chancel with tripartite,
lead covered, sloping gable roofs with two trefoiled light windows in each face. Two
porchesto south and north bear inscription 1656 GPITS and TCI.
Interior: Three tower arches with wave-moulded orders of clunch. chancel arch and
north and south arcades of four bays have two centred arches. Moulded columns with
four attached shafts, moulded capitals and bases. Fine C15 nave roof of four bays,
wall posts stand on carved stone corbels. Early C16 door of oak with two centred
head, and nail studded oak plank door to ringing chamber. Barnack stone font with
quatre foil panels and underside panelled and carved with 'green men'.
(RCHM Huntingdonshire p 17. Pevsner N p 210).
Listing NGR: TL3724874456
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings