This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3288 / 52°19'43"N
Longitude: -0.1922 / 0°11'31"W
OS Eastings: 523293
OS Northings: 271611
OS Grid: TL232716
Mapcode National: GBR J2P.SB5
Mapcode Global: VHGLW.MQ8N
Entry Name: Huntingdon Railway Station
Listing Date: 27 May 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1128648
English Heritage Legacy ID: 53491
Location: Huntingdon, Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire, PE29
Civil Parish: Huntingdon
Built-Up Area: Huntingdon
Traditional County: Huntingdonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Huntingdon St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Ely
Huntingdon BRAMPTON ROAD
TL 2371 2/101 Station
Opened 1849, designed probably by Lewis Cubitt, and apparently little altered since
but modernised 1960-1. Gault brick with slate roofs. Single storey main block
and parcels office with station-master's house at north end. The central portion
of 1:3:1 bays, the outer ones set forward, arched sash windows with radiating heads,
square headed central doorway. 3 further bays to left with parcels office. Canopy
over central portion. Similar frontage to up platform with cast-iron columns supporting
a later canopy. The station-master's house is cement rendered. 2 storeys, 3 windows,
canted bays on ground, sashes with glazing bars above. Bracketed eaves, slate roof.
The iron footbridge is original apart from the corrugated iron roofing, as is the
waiting room building on the down platform. The station was opened as Huntingdon
North on the Great Northern Railway.
Listing NGR: TL2329371611
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings