This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6247 / 51°37'28"N
Longitude: -2.5669 / 2°34'0"W
OS Eastings: 360852
OS Northings: 191916
OS Grid: ST608919
Mapcode National: GBR JR.8YV8
Mapcode Global: VH87W.GFBC
Entry Name: Russell Monument in the Churchyard About 8 Metres North of Chancel of Church of St Arilda
Listing Date: 5 December 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1128919
English Heritage Legacy ID: 35254
Location: Oldbury-upon-Severn, South Gloucestershire, BS35
County: South Gloucestershire
Civil Parish: Oldbury-upon-Severn
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Oldbury-on-Severn St Arilda
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
ST 69 SW OLDBURY-UPON-SEVERN CHURCH HILL (west side)
4/149 Russell monument in the
churchyard about 8 metres north
G.V. of chancel of Church of St.
Chest tomb. Early C18. Limestone. Flat top with moulded edge, clustered
fluted shafts at corners, decorative panels to east and west with shields,
double inscription panels north and south, set in shields with central fluted
engaged column. In poor condition at time of survey, (July 1984.) To Thomas
Russell, 1728 and other members of the family.
Listing NGR: ST6085291916
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings