History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Higher Trewiggett

A Grade II Listed Building in St. Kew, Cornwall

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.5872 / 50°35'13"N

Longitude: -4.7683 / 4°46'5"W

OS Eastings: 204135

OS Northings: 80044

OS Grid: SX041800

Mapcode National: GBR N0.DC0X

Mapcode Global: FRA 07XJ.061

Entry Name: Higher Trewiggett

Listing Date: 26 June 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1129862

English Heritage Legacy ID: 351499

Location: St. Kew, Cornwall, PL30

County: Cornwall

Civil Parish: St. Kew

Traditional County: Cornwall

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall

Church of England Parish: St Kew

Church of England Diocese: Truro

Find accommodation in
Saint Teath

Listing Text

SX 07 SW ST KEW
2/164 Higher Trewiggett
-
II
House. Circa 1600 in origin; added to in the C17, much rebuilt and now largely
of mid-late C19 character. Slatey random rubble with granite quoins and lintels.
Slurried slate roof with ridge tiles. L-shaped plan, the original circa 1600
2 cell through passage range facing South, this has been much rebuilt in the late
C19. The rear service wing is in two builds, firstly in early/mid C17 and a further
extension in the mid-C17. The whole much rebuilt and altered in the late C19. There
are two C19 and modern outshuts, one in the angle of the L and one on the rear of
the service wing. Main Front: mostly C19 stonework and features. Two storeys; two
windows. French door to left with marginal glazing, three light stone mullion
casement to right, two three light wooden casements above. Basket arch doorway with
hollow chamfered and pyramid stopped jambs. The ground floor is obscured by a
C20 lean-to glazed verandah. Large stone stacks, right hand gable, smaller one to
left hand gable. The rear of this range has a two light chamfered mullioned window
above the lean-to. The entrance elevation to the service wing has three modern two
light timber casements above. C10 door in the centre below with two glazed panels
and hood. Brick gable stack to right. Interior: circa 1600 range. Door to through
passage now tiled by plain C19 stair. Left hand room (parlour) has late C19 or
early C20 ceiling beams and Victorian black marble fireplace. Right hand room,
kitchen has blocked fireplace with cloam oven with iron door, blacked two light
window in rear wall. Slate floors.


Listing NGR: SX0413580044

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.