This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.4493 / 52°26'57"N
Longitude: -0.1003 / 0°6'0"W
OS Eastings: 529202
OS Northings: 285175
OS Grid: TL292851
Mapcode National: GBR K2R.KGG
Mapcode Global: VHGLC.6PVR
Entry Name: Abbey Stable Flats
Listing Date: 8 June 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1130260
English Heritage Legacy ID: 54428
Location: Ramsey, Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire, PE26
Civil Parish: Ramsey
Built-Up Area: Ramsey
Traditional County: Huntingdonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Ramsey St Thomas a Becket
Church of England Diocese: Ely
TL 2885-2985 RAMSEY CHURCH GREEN
12/21 (east side)
Nos 1 to 5 (consec)
Abbey Stable Flats
1837-39. Former stable and coach house to Ramsey Abbey. By Edward Blore (1787-1879)
for Edward Fellowes Esq. Four ranges round courtyard with gateway in south range.
Brick with coursed Barnack stone to west and south walls. Slate roof. Gateway has
hipped roof with square louvre and parapet with steeply pitched pediment. Incised
diamond ornament to tympanum. Two pseudo turrets at south-west and south-east corners
continued above deep, moulded cornice and decorated with incisedd rectangular panels.
Round-headed arch to gateway with incised spandrel decoration. Gateway linked to
2-storeyed north and south ranges by single storeyed ranges. Four buttresses with
offsets to south wall. Four buttresses with offsets to south wall. Four casements at
ground floor and 2 sealed window openings with wooden lintels to gable ends.
(Cambridge University Library: Add 3954-6).
Listing NGR: TL2920285175
Other nearby listed buildings