This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.3221 / 53°19'19"N
Longitude: -2.6912 / 2°41'28"W
OS Eastings: 354058
OS Northings: 380792
OS Grid: SJ540807
Mapcode National: GBR 9ZN0.5V
Mapcode Global: WH87R.MRQM
Entry Name: The Tricorn Public House
Listing Date: 23 April 1970
Last Amended: 31 October 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1130425
English Heritage Legacy ID: 55996
Location: Halton, WA7
Electoral Ward/Division: Halton Lea
Built-Up Area: Runcorn
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Hallwood Ecumenical Parish
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 58 SW HALTON PALACE FIELDS AVENUE
5/42 The Tricorn Public
(formerly listed as
Mansion for Sir John Chesshyre circa 1710 is now a public house.
Brown brick and stone with slate roof, 2 storeys and attic 5 bays,
gabled. 3 bay return. Stone quoins of constant width and floor
band. Stone pedimented doorcase with Doric pilaster and 6 panel
door. Recessed sash windows with glazing bars, gable pediment
with window in tympanum.
Interior: Staircase with cut and elaborately carved bracketed
string, spiral turned balusters and moulded rail. Fine oak doorcases
with fluted pilasters, fielded panelling and pulvinated frieze.
Some original stone mantels.
Listing NGR: SJ5405380797
Other nearby listed buildings