This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.2096 / 53°12'34"N
Longitude: -2.7949 / 2°47'41"W
OS Eastings: 347011
OS Northings: 368356
OS Grid: SJ470683
Mapcode National: GBR 7F.1ZJX
Mapcode Global: WH889.1LD9
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 1 June 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1130664
English Heritage Legacy ID: 55452
Location: Barrow, Cheshire West and Chester, CH3
County: Cheshire West and Chester
Civil Parish: Barrow
Built-Up Area: Great Barrow
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Barrow St Bartholomew
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 46 NE BARROW C.P. THE VILLAGE
4/6 The Old Rectory
Formerly rectory now a house: 1696 with extensions and an upper
storey of c1865. Washed brick, Welsh slate roof and 4 brick chimneys.
L-shaped plan. 3-storey, 4-bay south front. Brick band at 1st floor.
Windows are 2 and 3-light casements with glazing bars, with an
upper panel of intersecting tracery. Those have flat wedged brick
heads. 3rd bay has a 2-storey gabled porch with a smaller wooden
trellis porch to a half-glazed door. Similar 2-light window above.
Added wing to right shows a 2-storey, canted bay window with
sympathetic windows under stone heads.
Interior: not inspected but provisional list records doors with 2
fielded panels, panelled shutters, heavy ceiling beams in original
ground floor, and a turned baluster closed-string staircase.
Listing NGR: SJ4701168356
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings