This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.1172 / 51°7'1"N
Longitude: -1.8215 / 1°49'17"W
OS Eastings: 412588
OS Northings: 135338
OS Grid: SU125353
Mapcode National: GBR 50M.VP8
Mapcode Global: VHB5Q.C5WW
Plus Code: 9C3W458H+V9
Entry Name: Court Farmhouse, front area railings and outbuilding immediately south east including post box
Listing Date: 10 October 1988
Last Amended: 4 November 2002
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1130984
English Heritage Legacy ID: 321569
Location: Woodford, Wiltshire, SP4
Civil Parish: Woodford
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Woodford Valley with Archers Gate
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
LOWER WOODFORD (East side)
Court Farmhouse, front area railings and outbuilding immediately south east including post box
(Formerly listed as: LOWER WOODFORD COURT FARMHOUSE and FRONT)
Farmhouse, front garden area railings and outbuilding with post box. Circa 1830. Flemish bond brickwork. Slate roof.
Two storeys, three bays. Central stair hall plan. Entrance a six-fielded and panelled door with fanlight, and flat canopy on brackets, supported by early C20 timber work. Sixteen-paned sashes with concealed boxes and gauged brick lintels, twelve-paned to first floor. Blind brackets. Roof hipped with stack to rear wall. Front garden defined by early C19 iron railings with central gate and urn terminals to stanchions. Including outbuilding with letter box immediately south east; red brick and cob; slate hipped roof; rectangular on plan with curved south corner; tall red brick plinth with cob above; single storey cartshed open-fronted on north side, partly blocked in flint and brick; stable at west end, the front of which has been obscured by C20 garage; later softwood roof structure. Set into south west end wall there is a very rare survival of an 1859 post box; this is the improved version of the post box introduced in 1857 and has a pitched top, after the first flat-topped model had been found to leak; both types have flaps and hoods to the aperture.
Listing NGR: SU1258835338
Other nearby listed buildings