This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.7977 / 53°47'51"N
Longitude: -1.7558 / 1°45'21"W
OS Eastings: 416179
OS Northings: 433511
OS Grid: SE161335
Mapcode National: GBR JJJ.H6
Mapcode Global: WHC99.0T50
Entry Name: Yorkshire County Savings Bank
Listing Date: 9 August 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1132983
English Heritage Legacy ID: 336854
Location: Bradford, BD1
Electoral Ward/Division: City
Built-Up Area: Bradford
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Cathedral Church of St Peter Bradford
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
5111 MANOR ROW BD1
(Yorkshire County Savings Bank)
SE 1633 35/825
Circa 1840, probably contemporary with No 28. Apparently built as a pair of town
houses. Two storey, rectangular plan with symmetrical facade. Sandstone ashlar.
Some Greek Revival detailing. Six bays with centre pair breaking forward slightly.
Plinth, first floor sill band, deep frieze, cornice and blocking course. The centre
break has 3 pairs of Doric pilasters articulating the first floor and parapet over
cornice with panelled dies, the outer ones surmounted by corniced ashlar chimney
stacks. Incised panels above window heads. No glazing bars to revealed sash
windows. Those in flanking bays on first floor have slightly battered eared architrave
surrounds with panelled aprons. The centre break has a window to right and doorway
to left in similar surrounds: broad architrave frames, bolection friezes and
dentilled cornices. Three bay north and south fronts with similar detailing.
Doric pilastered porches with disc friezes, cornices and blocking courses. The
south elevation has tripartite pilastered windows to left hand of ground floor.
Unusual survival of domestic architecture of this period in central Bradford.
Listing NGR: SE1617933511
Other nearby listed buildings