History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manor Farmhouse and Manor Farm Barn

A Grade II Listed Building in Bingley, Bradford

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.8284 / 53°49'42"N

Longitude: -1.8249 / 1°49'29"W

OS Eastings: 411622

OS Northings: 436915

OS Grid: SE116369

Mapcode National: GBR J15.S6

Mapcode Global: WHC97.Y15F

Entry Name: Manor Farmhouse and Manor Farm Barn

Listing Date: 18 October 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1133364

English Heritage Legacy ID: 337969

Location: Bradford, BD16

County: Bradford

Civil Parish: Bingley

Built-Up Area: Bingley

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Cottingley St Michael and All Angels

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Bingley

Listing Text

SE13NW BINGLEY MAIN STREET
SE116368 (north side)
Cottingley

6/118 Manor Farmhouse
and Manor Farm barn

II

House, now in 2 occupations and attached barn. House dated 1666
partly rebuilt c1782 when barn was added. Hammer-dressed stone,
dressed quoins, stone slate roofs. House, to left, 2 storeys.
2-cell central through-passage plan with rear kitchen wing. Central
doorway has composite jambs and chamfered surround with 1666 lintel
dated. Other inserted door to right has monolithic jambs. All are
double-chamfered mullioned windows with king-mullion. lst-cell has
6-light window to each floor. 2nd-cell has 3-light window with 6-light
above. Set under eaves above door is carved stone with the double-cross
of the Knights Templars with datestone set above initialled and dated
" B. F. 1782 ". coped gables with kneelers. One central cl7 ridge
stack, another to right gable added probably in rebuild of 1782. Rear
has 2 bays of windows of 3 lights and 2 lights to each floor and doorway
with tie-stone jambs. Attached at right angles is rear wing with (4-light
window and 3-light above. Stack at junction of the 2 ranges.

Interior: housebody has stop-chamfered scarf-jointed spine beams,
evidence of former bressumer. Rear kitchen has stop-chamfered spine
beams and floor joists with ogee stops; large fireplace with monolithic
jambs and stop-chamfered surrounds. Late Cl8 queen-post roof with
collar surmounted by fish-bone king-post.


Listing NGR: SE1162236915

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.