This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.8284 / 53°49'42"N
Longitude: -1.8992 / 1°53'57"W
OS Eastings: 406729
OS Northings: 436909
OS Grid: SE067369
Mapcode National: GBR HS55.MC
Mapcode Global: WHB82.S1SD
Entry Name: Church of St John
Listing Date: 9 August 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1133388
English Heritage Legacy ID: 337925
Location: Cullingworth, Bradford, BD13
Civil Parish: Cullingworth
Built-Up Area: Cullingworth
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Cullingworth St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE0636 BINGLEY GEORGE'S SQUARE
14/67 Church of St. John
Church. c1853, roof and south transept renewed c1900, interior
1902. Hammer-dressed stone, Westmorland green-slate roof. Nave,
apsidal chancel, transepts, south porch set in base of tower.
Cruciform. Early English lancet style. South entrance front: 3 bay
nave with 2-light windows articulated by offset buttresses. Gabled
transept with 3 lancets and quatrefoil in apex. Set in angle with
nave tower has western vice, pointed-arched doorway with colonnettes,
quatrefoil over; clock, octagonal broach spire with lucarnes in the
cardinal faces. Semi-octagonal chancel under lower roof from nave
which has steeply-pitched roof with coped gables. Large west window
of 5 lights.
Interior: relatively plain with 5-bay nave roof with collar trusses.
5 memorial windows.
Listing NGR: SE0672936909
Other nearby listed buildings