This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.9444 / 53°56'39"N
Longitude: -1.8858 / 1°53'8"W
OS Eastings: 407595
OS Northings: 449814
OS Grid: SE075498
Mapcode National: GBR HQ8T.JS
Mapcode Global: WHC8N.039Z
Entry Name: 95 and 97, Main Street
Listing Date: 10 September 1954
Last Amended: 25 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1133433
English Heritage Legacy ID: 337831
Location: Addingham, Bradford, LS29
Civil Parish: Addingham
Built-Up Area: Addingham
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Addingham St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE0749 ADDINGHAM C.P. MAIN STREET,
8/101 No 95 and 97
only No 97
G V II
Former Piece-Hall, now shop and flat and house. Late C18 or
early C19. Ashlar front, watershot masonry to sides, stone slate
roof. 2 storeys. 3-bay symmetrical facade with pedimented gable.
Raised quoins. Giant pilasters support moulded pediment.
Entablature and frieze decorated with alternate urns and quatrefoils.
The tympanum decorated with rectangular panel enclosing an oval
containing an urn in low relief. Doorway with monolithic jambs and
cornice. Over is 16-paned sashed window with architrave and cornice.
To either side large 4-paned sashed shop windows retaining the heads
of former bows. Sashed windows over to 1st floor. Right-hand return
wall of 6 bays. 2 doorways with semicircular-arched heads with impost
blocks and keystone. To either side sashed windows with raised
surrounds. Moulded gutter brackets. 2 well-dressed stacks to ridge.
Prominently sited in the centre of the town.
Listing NGR: SE0759549814
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings