This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.9134 / 53°54'48"N
Longitude: -1.7488 / 1°44'55"W
OS Eastings: 416596
OS Northings: 446391
OS Grid: SE165463
Mapcode National: GBR JR75.5W
Mapcode Global: WHC8Q.3WHS
Entry Name: Burley in Wharfedale Congregational Church
Listing Date: 30 April 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1133471
English Heritage Legacy ID: 337731
Location: Burley, Bradford, LS29
Civil Parish: Burley
Built-Up Area: Burley in Wharfedale
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Burley-in-Wharfedale St Mary the Blessed Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
1. MAIN STREET
SE 1646 8/150
1840 built as a proprietary chapel by J P Clapham Esq in the what were originally the
grounds of his nearby house Binley Grange. In keeping with this "Tudor Gothic" house,
the chapel is built to a lancet Gothic design, Sandstone and gritstone, angle buttresses
and buttresses dividing twin lancet side windows. Coped and finialed gable to front.
Triple lancet going above crenellated porch with pointed doorway of 2 orders. Slate roof,
eaves concealed by parapet. Gallowed and box pewed interior, slightly further wood
panelling to the pulpit.
Listing NGR: SE1659646391
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings