This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.8375 / 53°50'15"N
Longitude: -1.7896 / 1°47'22"W
OS Eastings: 413942
OS Northings: 437937
OS Grid: SE139379
Mapcode National: GBR J91.9X
Mapcode Global: WHC92.HS1Z
Plus Code: 9C5WR6Q6+25
Entry Name: Number 79 and Attached Arcade
Listing Date: 22 November 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1133563
English Heritage Legacy ID: 337544
Location: Bradford, BD18
Electoral Ward/Division: Shipley
Built-Up Area: Shipley
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Shipley St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE 1337 NE SHIPLEY VICTORIA ROAD
9/138 No 79 and
22/11/66 attached arcade
Probably Post Office, now shop premises and attached arcade.
Completed by 1868. By Lockwood and Mawson for Titus Salt. Ashlar.
Welsh slate roof. Italianate style. Two storeys. On a corner site
with one bay on Victoria Road, two bays on Caroline Street and a single
corner bays divided by rusticated quoins. Doorway in corner bay flanked
by slender lights separated by pilasters. Large shop windows to the
two elevations. Archivolted round-arched windows to 1st floor and
ground floor left. Deep entablature between floors. Deep, bracketed
moulded eaves cornice and parapet. Hipped roof. Two tall stacks with
A 2-bay arcade is attached to the left and joins the building to No 41
Caroline Street (q.v.) and forms entrance to rear access road.
Part of Saltaire model village.
Listing NGR: SE1394237937
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings