This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.7886 / 53°47'18"N
Longitude: -1.894 / 1°53'38"W
OS Eastings: 407083
OS Northings: 432479
OS Grid: SE070324
Mapcode National: GBR HS6M.RM
Mapcode Global: WHB88.W19F
Entry Name: Denholme Clough Methodist Church
Listing Date: 30 April 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1133612
English Heritage Legacy ID: 337381
Location: Denholme, Bradford, BD13
Civil Parish: Denholme
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Thornton St James
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE03SE DENHOlME U. D. HALIFAX ROAD
4/7 Denholme Clough
30th April 1982 Methodist Church
Methodist Church, built as Primitive Methodist chapel in 1834.
Hammer-dressed stone with ashlar dressings. Stone slate roof.
Two storeys. Symmetrical three-bay facade with round-arched windows
with keystone, frosted glass and coloured marginal glazing. Two
doorways flank the centre light, with semicircular fanlights and
keystone. Altered doors. Central plaque at high level reads:
Gable copings on springers. The gable ends have two round-arched
windows to each floor. At rear is two storey addition in keeping.
Interior said to have horseshoe gallery on plain iron columns, refronted
contemporary with the installation of the pulpit and table in the early
1870s. The pews, however, are original, boxed and panelled with ramped
Listing NGR: SE0708332479
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings