This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.5622 / 53°33'43"N
Longitude: -1.6591 / 1°39'32"W
OS Eastings: 422680
OS Northings: 407341
OS Grid: SE226073
Mapcode National: GBR JWV7.MS
Mapcode Global: WHCBH.HQ6H
Entry Name: Manor Farm
Listing Date: 15 August 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1135323
English Heritage Legacy ID: 341269
Location: Denby Dale, Kirklees, HD8
Civil Parish: Denby Dale
Built-Up Area: Upper Denby
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Denby St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE 20 NW BANK LANE
Nos. 35 & 37
Farmhouse, now divided. Dated 1694. Thinly coursed dry walled rubble
with quoins. Stone slate roof (bitumen covered). A gabled wing, to
the left, projects at the rear to give an L-plan. Two storeys. The
main entrance to the large range (No. 37) has quoined surround and deep,
arched lintel inscribed 'JOSEPH MOSLEY 1694'. Moulded hood over. All
windows are double chamfered. To left, a large 3-light with hood mould
with diamond stops, and altered window over with no mullions and new
lintel. To right a 3-light window to ground floor, and a 6-light, with
king mullion to 1st floor. Further to right another arched entrance
and a 2-light window to each floor. To far left the gabled wing has a
3-light window to each floor (blocked to ground floor) with hood mould
with diamond stops to 1st floor and whorled circular stops to ground floor.
In the gable apex is a 3-tier dovecote (blocked) with saw-tooth corbelling.
The left side elevation (No. 35) has later entrance to left, and a 5 and
4-light window to ground floor, each with hood mould. Two 4-light windows
to 1st floor. Each window has only one mullion remaining.
Outshut to rear of main range.
Listing NGR: SE2268007341
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings