This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.0299 / 52°1'47"N
Longitude: -0.3553 / 0°21'18"W
OS Eastings: 512932
OS Northings: 238110
OS Grid: TL129381
Mapcode National: GBR H4T.M0N
Mapcode Global: VHFQW.S7KQ
Entry Name: Copper Beeches and The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 16 January 1952
Last Amended: 10 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1137532
English Heritage Legacy ID: 37566
Location: Campton and Chicksands, Central Bedfordshire, SG17
County: Central Bedfordshire
Civil Parish: Campton and Chicksands
Built-Up Area: Campton
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Campton
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 20/06/2018
RECTORY ROAD (North Side)
No. 6, Copper Beeches and No 8, The Old Rectory
(Formerly listed as Copper Beeches and The Old Rectory, RECTORY ROAD)
Former rectory, now divided into two properties. Circa 1700 with late C18 addition and refronting, and some alterations 1839 by John Woolfe jnr. for the Rev. E.R Williamson (Beds Record Office, X254/88). Red brick with hipped clay tile roofs.
Earliest block to east of two storeys, with addition to west and refronting to south, both of two storeys and attics. Front elevation: five window symmetrical facade, with first floor brick band and stone coped parapet. Ground and first floor windows are sashes (C19 replacements) under gauged brick flat arches. Attic has five hipped dormers with casements. Central front door of six moulded panels, flanked by sidelights and surmounted by semi-circular fanlight with radiating glazing bars. Set within gauged brick round- arched opening with painted impost bands and keystone. Red brick external stack to left hand. Red brick multiple stack to right hand, set into front slope of roof and probably part of earlier building.
Rear elevation: Left hand block is original structure, and retains three wood mullion and transom windows with leaded lights and flat arches. Blind windows to centre of first floor. Late C19 canted bay to right hand ground floor. Substantial external stack to left hand side. Right hand later block has fenestration similar to front elevation, and trelliswork verandah along ground floor. C20 flat-roofed addition to right hand side.
Listing NGR: TL1293238110
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings