This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.3948 / 50°23'41"N
Longitude: -4.4786 / 4°28'42"W
OS Eastings: 223926
OS Northings: 57929
OS Grid: SX239579
Mapcode National: GBR NF.SFFT
Mapcode Global: FRA 18H0.512
Entry Name: Duloe Manor
Listing Date: 18 December 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1137781
English Heritage Legacy ID: 60686
Location: Duloe, Cornwall, PL14
Civil Parish: Duloe
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Duloe
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SX 25 NW DULOE DULOE
3/29 Duloe Manor
Rectory, subdivided into flats. Circa 1692 for Fincher. Extended and almost totally
remodelled in late C18 and circa 1840s. Wing added on north in circa 1870s. Stone
rubble with slate roof with hipped end on left, hipped end to shallow projecting wing
on right and gable ends to rear with central valley. Slate-hung rear elevation. 2
axial brick chimney stacks.
Original plan probably 2 rooms heated by rear lateral stacks with central through
passage. Extended to rear in circa 1840s and remodelled to form double depth plan
with wide central stairhall. Further wing added on north end in circa 1870s.
2 storeys. Symmetrical 5-window east front. Ground floor with four 12-pane sashes
with horns beneath segmental arched openings. Central C19 4-panel door with top
lights glazed and fanlight above. Late C19 glazed porch on rendered base. Above
five 12-pane sashes with horns. Dentilled cornice. To right, circa 1870s wing,
slightly projecting forward. Ground floor with glazed double doors. 12-pane sash
above. Slate-hung to rear elevation.
Interior Although divided into flats, much of the cornices, plasterwork etc. have
remained intact. Open string circa 1840s stair with moulded wreathed rail and square
balusters. Segmental hall arch on fluted pilasters, blocked. Barrel vaulted
tunnels lead from stair hall to north wing on ground and first floor. Flanked by
chimney flues to fireplaces of front and rear rooms. Room on south, study of Rev.
Robert Scott, co-author of Liddell and Scott's Greek Lexicon, published in 1843.
An avenue of lime trees continues eastward from the front elevation.
Listing NGR: SX2349858183
Other nearby listed buildings