This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.1265 / 52°7'35"N
Longitude: -0.2886 / 0°17'19"W
OS Eastings: 517250
OS Northings: 248961
OS Grid: TL172489
Mapcode National: GBR H3Q.RTL
Mapcode Global: VHGMS.YT85
Entry Name: Sandye Place
Listing Date: 5 December 1949
Last Amended: 21 December 1979
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1137822
English Heritage Legacy ID: 37538
Location: Sandy, Central Bedfordshire, SG19
County: Central Bedfordshire
Civil Parish: Sandy
Built-Up Area: Sandy
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Sandy
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
5124 SANDY PARK ROAD
TL 14 NE 2/3 5.12.49
Early C18 house in the style of Henry Flitcroft. Now forms part of a school.
In a parapet over the door is a tablet engraved with the record of earlier
houses on the site. It is a square house of 2 storeys, built of red brick.
A basement also shows on the south-east and north-west sides, though the terrace
is built up to a higher level on the south-west. Stone dressings. Parapet,
interrupted with balustrading. Hipped tile roof. Five windows (disposed 1:3:1)
with a projecting and pedimented bay for the central 3 windows to garden front.
A modern 5-sided bay projects further from the ground floor. Coat of arms
enclosed in pediment.
On the south-east side a wide stone perron leads up to the front door. North,
3 storey, ironstone wing added C19.
Listing NGR: TL1725048961
Other nearby listed buildings