This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.2769 / 54°16'36"N
Longitude: -3.2127 / 3°12'45"W
OS Eastings: 321135
OS Northings: 487485
OS Grid: SD211874
Mapcode National: GBR 6L0Z.8M
Mapcode Global: WH71Q.MRCM
Entry Name: Old King's Head Public House
Listing Date: 5 March 1990
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1138289
English Heritage Legacy ID: 75839
Location: Broughton West, South Lakeland, Cumbria, LA20
District: South Lakeland
Civil Parish: Broughton West
Built-Up Area: Broughton in Furness
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Broughton-in-Furness St Mary Magdalene
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
BROUGHTON WEST STATION ROAD (south side)
23/68 Old King's Head Public House
Public House. 1st mentioned as Church House in 1666 but probably mid C18.
Roughcast stone with slate roof. 2 storeys, 6 bays. Ground floor has
small-pared casement to 1st bay, sashed window with single glazing bars and
horns to 2nd bay, 3rd and 5th bays have sashes with glazing bars, paired
sash to 3rd bay; 6th bay has window with small-paned fixed glazing. 1st
floor has sashed windows with glazing bars, 1st 2 with horns. Entrance to
4th bay has flat bracketed canopy and 6-panel door. Gable-end stack and
cross-axial stacks. Rear has later outshuts.
Listing NGR: SD2113587485
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings