This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.2416 / 53°14'29"N
Longitude: -2.2972 / 2°17'49"W
OS Eastings: 380264
OS Northings: 371660
OS Grid: SJ802716
Mapcode National: GBR DZDY.GP
Mapcode Global: WH99G.PS99
Entry Name: Stables at the Cheshire Hunt
Listing Date: 28 November 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1139293
English Heritage Legacy ID: 59158
Location: Lower Withington, Cheshire East, SK11
County: Cheshire East
Civil Parish: Lower Withington
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Chelford St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Chester
WITHINGTON C.P. HOLMES CHAPEL ROAD
SJ 87 SW
6/118 Stables at The Cheshire
Stables. c.1760. Built for the Master of the Cheshire Hunt. Red
English garden wall bond brick with stone dressings and slate roof.
Road front: Door to left of centre at ground floor level. Circular
pitch hole with stone sill to first floor. Breathers of diamond and x
shapes to both floors. C19 gabled addition to left and lean-to to
left of this. Right hand gable end has square pitch hole to gable.
Rear: cambered headed door to ground floor, with patterned breathers
to first floor as at front. Included for group value only.
Listing NGR: SJ8026471660
Other nearby listed buildings