History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Training Centre and Stores at Alderley Park

A Grade II Listed Building in Nether Alderley, Cheshire East

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.2715 / 53°16'17"N

Longitude: -2.234 / 2°14'2"W

OS Eastings: 384493

OS Northings: 374971

OS Grid: SJ844749

Mapcode National: GBR DZVL.4Z

Mapcode Global: WHBBM.N1DB

Entry Name: Training Centre and Stores at Alderley Park

Listing Date: 6 July 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1139596

English Heritage Legacy ID: 58304

Location: Nether Alderley, Cheshire East, SK10

County: Cheshire East

Civil Parish: Nether Alderley

Built-Up Area: Alderley Park

Traditional County: Cheshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire

Church of England Parish: Alderley St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Chester

Find accommodation in
Alderley Edge

Listing Text

SJ 87 SW NETHER ALDERLEY C.P. CONGLETON ROAD
(East Side)

7/137 Training Centre and
Stores at Alderley Park
(formerly listed as
Stabling and
Outbuildings, Alderley
Park)

14/4/1967

GV II

Formerly stables and outbuildings, now training centre and stores:
dated 1815 and 1838 for Sir J T Stanley. English garden wall bond
orange brick with buff sandstone dressings. Hipped Welsh slate roof,
stone ridge and 1 brick chimney. L-shaped plan forming 2 sides of a
courtyard. East front of west range of 2 storeys and 12 bays. Stone
plinth, and stone band at 1st floor. Near central driftway has
segmental brick arch with stone-coped triangular pediment above
containing plaque reading JTS MJS 1815. Lower windows of 30 panes
under cambered brick heads and upper windows 20-pane sashes. 2 glazed
doors. North range similar but driftway blocked and plaque reads JTS
MJS 1838. Attached to rear of east range by high stone wall and in
2nd courtyard is a 5-bay former corn barn. Stone plinth and stone
quoins with a Kerridge stone-slate roof. Opposed central cart
entrances have heavy wooden lintels and lean-to porches in front.
Bays to side have tall semi-circular headed recesses containing
circular pitch holes with stone sills above diamond pattern
ventilation holes.


Listing NGR: SJ8449374971

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.