This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.554 / 54°33'14"N
Longitude: -0.8836 / 0°53'0"W
OS Eastings: 472302
OS Northings: 518209
OS Grid: NZ723182
Mapcode National: GBR QH8S.H9
Mapcode Global: WHF89.DSGQ
Entry Name: The Presbytery
Listing Date: 6 January 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1139670
English Heritage Legacy ID: 60188
Location: Loftus, Redcar and Cleveland, TS13
County: Redcar and Cleveland
Civil Parish: Loftus
Built-Up Area: Loftus
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Loftus-in-Cleveland St Leonard
Church of England Diocese: York
LOFTUS HIGH STREET
(north side), Loftus.
4/30 No. 39 (The Presbytery)
House,c.1800, altered and refenestrated in late C19; now Roman Catholic
Presbytery. Dressed sandstone; Welsh slate roof with stacks partly rebuilt
in Pease brick. 2 storeys, 3-window entrance front (west). Central 4-panel
door, sidelights and overlight in timber pilaster-and-entablature doorcase
with panelled reveals. Sash windows with painted sills. Roof hipped at
right end, with 2 ridge stacks and one end stack. Front facing High Street
has early/mid C20 2-storey flat-roofed bay window with casements and
bracketed eaves cornice, at right. Canted bay window with sashes, painted
sills and cornice, at left, below first-floor sash window with painted sill.
Late C19 and early C20 rear extensions are not of special interest.
Included for group value.
Listing NGR: NZ7230218209
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings