History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Trago Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in St. Pinnock, Cornwall

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.4483 / 50°26'53"N

Longitude: -4.5628 / 4°33'45"W

OS Eastings: 218148

OS Northings: 64076

OS Grid: SX181640

Mapcode National: GBR N9.P3SV

Mapcode Global: FRA 17BV.VM9

Entry Name: Trago Farmhouse

Listing Date: 30 April 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1140310

English Heritage Legacy ID: 60602

Location: St. Pinnock, Cornwall, PL14

County: Cornwall

Civil Parish: St. Pinnock

Traditional County: Cornwall

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall

Church of England Parish: St Pinnock

Church of England Diocese: Truro

Find accommodation in
Doublebois

Listing Text

SX 16 SE ST PINNOCK

4/101 Trago Farmhouse
-

- II

Farmhouse, circa early to mid C18, late C18 wing to rear and C19 outshut.
Rubble stone with scantle slate roof with gabled ends. Large projecting stack,
rendered with brick shaft on left-hand gable end. Stone stack heightened with brick
on right hand gable end. Rendered south front to projecting wing on rear.
2-room with cross passage plan extended to form 'L' shape with wing on west.
Outshut contains dairy and butterwalk in angle on north-west.
2 storeys, regular 3 window east front with windows in original openings.
Ground floor openings under cut stone segmental arches with slate cills. Early C19
16-pane sash on left and with circa 1970 3-light window with glazing bars on right.
Glazed C20 door near centre. First floor windows; early C19 16-pane sash with later
8-pane sash and late C19 4-pane sashes to right.
Later fireplaces and renewed ceiling beams to interior. Roof of 7 bays with
chamfered collars , pegged.
Formerly belonged to Earls of Radnor and then as Barton Farm to Clifton Estate,
Lanhydrock. Records extant in Lanhydrock. Also mentioned by Rev. Samuel Dunn in
Life of Adam Clarke, 1876, p83.
Joseph Polsue Lake's Parochial History of the County of Cornwall, 1867-73
reprint 1974, Vol IV.


Listing NGR: SX1814864076

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.