This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.8357 / 51°50'8"N
Longitude: -2.1896 / 2°11'22"W
OS Eastings: 387032
OS Northings: 215246
OS Grid: SO870152
Mapcode National: GBR 1LF.Z33
Mapcode Global: VH94L.0493
Entry Name: Former Farm Group Circa 75 Metres North of Home Farm
Listing Date: 5 June 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1141226
English Heritage Legacy ID: 352204
Location: Upton St. Leonards, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL4
Civil Parish: Upton St. Leonards
Built-Up Area: Gloucester
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Upton St Leonards St Leonards
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 09/03/2017
50 81 NE
UPTON ST LEONARDS
Former Farm group circa 75 metres north of Home Farm
(Formerly listed as Farm group circa 75 metres north of Home Farm, BONDEND)
Remains of model farm group. Circa 1860. Red brick in irregular bond, fish scale roof tiles. A Symmetrical group around a small yard enclosed by wall on fourth side; central principal block in two floors flanked by lower wings to gabled ends. Principal block to front has central gable over large elliptical opening with plank doors to through-way beneath an open oculus and flanked by plank doors to segmental heads below small blind oculi; hexagonal wooden bell-cote or ventilator centre to ridge. To each side lower unit returned forward. To left has blocked doorway each side of elliptical-headed opening, arched windows, and segmental-headed doorway. To right are two doors and one blocked opening, all to segmental heads, and elliptical opening, also two arched windows with iron casements. Outer gables of these wings have arched window below a small oculus.
Back of group has centre block with wide elliptical opening beneath loading door and small oculus flanked by arched openings and small oculi; to left, lower gable is over two elliptical openings and arched opening, and to right a similar gable but with oculus only; the two elliptical openings are on the return wall to the west. Outer faces of wings have various arched openings and doors in similar detail to remainder. Enclosing yard wall in drystone limestone block to flat coping ramped at outer ends, one square pier to pyramidal capping, left, the other destroyed. Moulded brick detailing to openings and eaves.
Interior retains good king-post roof trusses, stone and brick floors some brick partition walls; loft floor at rear of left wing.
A good unspoiled group, formerly part of a larger scheme.
Listing NGR: SO8703215246
Other nearby listed buildings