This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.626 / 50°37'33"N
Longitude: -4.5938 / 4°35'37"W
OS Eastings: 216634
OS Northings: 83914
OS Grid: SX166839
Mapcode National: GBR N8.9V4M
Mapcode Global: FRA 178F.23L
Plus Code: 9C2QJCG4+CF
Entry Name: Trevillian's Gate
Listing Date: 11 November 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1142347
English Heritage Legacy ID: 67396
Location: Davidstow, Cornwall, PL15
Civil Parish: Davidstow
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Davidstow
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SX 18 SE
4/128 Trevillian's Gate
House. Circa C18 origins partly rebuilt in 1836 for R C Vosper (datestone).
Rendered stone rubble. Dressed stone arches to openings. Slate roof with hipped end
on right and gable end on left. Brick axial stack to left of centre and projecting
stone rubble rear lateral stack to right.
Plan: 2 room and cross or through passage plan, the left hand room heated by an axial
stack backing onto the passage and the right hand room heated by a rear lateral
stack. C20 extension to rear.
Exterior: 2 storeys regular 3 window front with dressed stone flat arches with
keystones to window openings. Entrance to right of centre with pointed arch with
roll mould, incised fleur de lys and datestone RCV
Interior: Ceiling beams replaced. Unmoulded granite lintel to fireplace of left hand
room. Dressed granite flat arch to fireplace in right hand room. First floor not
Gate to Basil Manor, St Clether held by the Trevillians from temp Elizabeth I to the
C18. House restored by R C Vosper in 1836 when the arch over the entrance was
installed. The arch has reputedly come from the ruins of the chapel on the eastern
peak of Roughtor. The cottage became an inn in the later C19 (Britannia Inn).
Listing NGR: SX1663483914
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings