This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.1806 / 50°10'50"N
Longitude: -5.4446 / 5°26'40"W
OS Eastings: 154178
OS Northings: 36857
OS Grid: SW541368
Mapcode National: GBR DXY6.DVV
Mapcode Global: VH12M.LQ0D
Entry Name: Well-Head Approximately 50 Metres South West of the Abbey
Listing Date: 26 October 1978
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1143280
English Heritage Legacy ID: 69159
Location: St. Ives, Cornwall, TR26
Civil Parish: St. Ives
Built-Up Area: Lelant
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Lelant
Church of England Diocese: Truro
1. AIIBZY HILL
Well-head approximately 50 metres
south west of-the Abbey
SW 53 NW 5/298
Dated 1612, although probably later structure. Well-head in stone wall. The well-
head has a rectangular opening with squared granite jambs and lintel. Inside
is a large granite slab forming a shelf, One of the stones of the jambs has
date "1612" crudely carved, possibly re-carved, or executed later from an earlier
reference to a wall on this site.
Listing NGR: SW5417836857
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings