This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.1649 / 50°9'53"N
Longitude: -5.4325 / 5°25'56"W
OS Eastings: 154962
OS Northings: 35072
OS Grid: SW549350
Mapcode National: GBR DXZ7.LG5
Mapcode Global: VH12T.S3FX
Entry Name: The Village Hall
Listing Date: 14 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1143652
English Heritage Legacy ID: 70322
Location: St. Erth, Cornwall, TR27
Civil Parish: St. Erth
Built-Up Area: St Erth
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Erth
Church of England Diocese: Truro
ST ERTH THE GREEN LANE, St Erth
13/232 The Village Hall
National school, now used as hall. Opened in 1841, some alterations in 1850, 1855,
1864 and 1902. Granite rubble with granite dressings. Grouted scantle slate roof
with coped gable ends to the front return wings. Dressed granite chimneys over the
cross walls towards left and right. Axial ventilators.
Plan: U-shaped plan with large schoolroom on either side of a central entrance and
identical classrooms at either end projecting at the front. Central porch rebuilt
C10 and window of left-hand bay restored C20.
Exterior: Single storey. Symmetrical 1:2:1:2:1 bay south west front with central
doorway and porch. Left and right-hand gable ended bays are built forward and have
central 2-light mullioned windows with top openings over transoms under heightened
eaves. The original fixed lights have latticed iron casements. 2 original 16-pane
hornless sashes at rear.
Interior: Not inspected.
Sources: PRO school file.
Listing NGR: SW5496535072
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings