This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.365 / 50°21'53"N
Longitude: -4.8507 / 4°51'2"W
OS Eastings: 197357
OS Northings: 55560
OS Grid: SW973555
Mapcode National: GBR ZT.M150
Mapcode Global: FRA 08Q2.J30
Plus Code: 9C2Q947X+XP
Entry Name: Bible Christian Chapel with Attached Sunday School
Listing Date: 20 December 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1143985
English Heritage Legacy ID: 71448
Location: St. Stephen-in-Brannel, Cornwall, PL26
Civil Parish: St. Stephen-in-Brannel
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Stephen-in-Brannel
Church of England Diocese: Truro
ST STEPHEN IN
SW 95 NE BRANNEL
2/110 Bible Christian Chapel with
- attached Sunday School
Bible Christian chapel with attached Sunday school. Dated 1886 with few later
alterations. Granite rubble with brick dressings; partly rendered. Bitumenised
slate roof with ridge tiles and gable ends. Gable end stack to rear with truncated
Plan: Single auditorium plan with entrance at the front gable end and ritual east
also at the front gable end. The chapel is built into the slope of the ground, and
is 2-storey at the rear, where there is an integral Sunday school.
Exterior: Symmetrical front with central C20 plank double doors with round arch in
dressed stone with keystone; round-arched C19 4-pane sash with brick surround to
right and left. Circular recessed datestone above with brick border and inscription:
BCC AD 1886. The left and right sides have 2 larger round-arched 4-pane sashes with
brick arches; at the left end is a C20 window with granite window at ground floor.
The rear is rendered; ground floor has central C20 plank door with late C19 margin-
glazed sash to right and left. First floor has two round-arched margin-glazed
Interior: Plain, but with original fittings. The entrance at the front gable end
leads to a shallow lobby with door to right and left. The ritual east end has a
Communion rail with turned balusters. At the rear there are raked pews with carved
front panels. Ceiled roof.
Listing NGR: SW9735755560
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings