This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.4203 / 50°25'13"N
Longitude: -5.0441 / 5°2'38"W
OS Eastings: 183855
OS Northings: 62258
OS Grid: SW838622
Mapcode National: GBR ZF.LQ6R
Mapcode Global: FRA 07BY.0R0
Plus Code: 9C2PCXC4+49
Entry Name: Wesleyan Methodist Chapel with Attached Coach Houses
Listing Date: 24 October 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1144110
English Heritage Legacy ID: 71144
Location: Newquay, Cornwall, TR7
Civil Parish: Newquay
Built-Up Area: Newquay
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Columb Minor and Colan
Church of England Diocese: Truro
NEWQUAY STANWAYS ROAD, St Columb Minor
SW 86 SW
5/140 Wesleyan Methodist Chapel with
- attached coach houses
Wesleyan Methodist chapel with attached coach houses. Dated 1850, with few later
alterations. Squared elvan stone rubble with stone dressings. Slurried slate roof
with ridge tiles and gable ends with raised coped verges.
Plan: Single auditorium plan, with entrance at the front gable end and ritual east to
rear. Coach house attached to front left and right enclosing a small courtyard.
Exterior: Front gable end on plinth, with central recessed bay; C19 central panelled
double doors with overlight with decorative glazing bars, chamfered round stone arch
over. Round-arched sash in chamfered surround with glazing bars and margin glazing
above; similar larger round-arched sash with margin glazing to right and left; all
windows are original. Chamfered circular recessed datestone at the apex of the gable
with initials WMC 1850. To front left and right a small coach house with loft over,
gable ends to front; each with double doors and 2-light opening above as loading
door; the right side of the coach house to right has a single light at ground floor.
Left and right sides of the chapel have central recessed bay in a 3-bay elevation,
each bay with a round-arched sash with later C29 glazing bars.
Interior: Not accessible, but appears to have a gallery around the front and sides.
Listing NGR: SW8385562258
Other nearby listed buildings