This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.3268 / 54°19'36"N
Longitude: -2.744 / 2°44'38"W
OS Eastings: 351712
OS Northings: 492613
OS Grid: SD517926
Mapcode National: GBR 9L8D.QQ
Mapcode Global: WH82W.THJV
Entry Name: Bridge House
Listing Date: 24 April 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1145730
English Heritage Legacy ID: 75350
Location: Kendal, South Lakeland, Cumbria, LA9
District: South Lakeland
Civil Parish: Kendal
Built-Up Area: Kendal
Traditional County: Westmorland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Kendal Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
SD 5192 NE,
AYNAM ROAD (East side),
Bridge House and No. 1 Aynam Road
Description includes No. 1 Bridge Street. Showroom and offices on corner site; now
subdivided into dwellings. Designed and built 1819 by Francis Webster for his marble
works; later additions and alterations. Coursed, squared rubble with quoins; end
pilasters to Bridge House, plinth to No. 1 Aynam road. Moulded cast-iron gutter.
Graduated slate roofs; rendered chimney to No 1 Bridge Street, other chimneys to rear.
Each two storeys, three bays. Bridge House: Symmetrical; segment-headed sash to either side of part-glazed door in corniced doorcase. Segment-headed casement, with small wrought-iron balcony, to either side of fixed, semicircular-headed window on 1st floor. No 1 Aynam road: Panelled door with small fixed window and sash to left; casement (balcony missing) and two sashes above. No. 1 Bridge Street: Panelled door with two sashes to left and one to right; two sashes and casement (with wrought-iron balcony) above. All windows have glazing bars.
Listing NGR: SD5171292613
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings