This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.3653 / 50°21'54"N
Longitude: -4.9784 / 4°58'42"W
OS Eastings: 188275
OS Northings: 55947
OS Grid: SW882559
Mapcode National: GBR ZK.P3HW
Mapcode Global: FRA 08G2.GBK
Entry Name: Summercourt Wesley Church with Attached Sunday School
Listing Date: 12 May 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1146398
English Heritage Legacy ID: 71316
Location: St. Enoder, Cornwall, TR8
Civil Parish: St. Enoder
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Enoder
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 85 NE
11/315 Summercourt Wesley Church with
- attached Sunday School
Methodist church with attached Sunday school. Dated 1845; the Sunday school
of mid-late C19 with some later C20 alterations. Stone rubble with granite dressings and quoins. Hipped slurried scantle slate roof with ridge tiles.
The Sunday school is in granite rubble; slate roof with crested ridge tiles
and gable ends, gable end stack to left with brick shaft.
Plan: Single auditorium plan, with entrance at the front end and ritual east
to rear. The Sunday school is attached to rear left, forming an L-plan.
Exterior: Symmetrical 2-storey front has C19 panelled double doors with
fanlight with radial glazing bars and dressed stone round arch. At upper
level to right and left a C19 2-light 18-pane casement with dressed stone
round arch. Central recessed moulded datestone with inscription: WESLEYAN CHAPEL AD 1845. The right side has two tall round-arched windows with
dressed stone arches, with windows with mullions and transoms. Single storey
lean-to attached to rear. The left side has two similar round-arched windows
with C20 glazing.
The Sunday school is a lower single storey building attached to rear left.
The front has two 3-light casement with shouldered arches and double plank
doors with shouldered arched overlight to right.
Interior: Not accessible, but may retain good internal features such as a
gallery and rostrum.
Listing NGR: SW8827555947
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings