This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.1496 / 53°8'58"N
Longitude: 0.098 / 0°5'52"E
OS Eastings: 540401
OS Northings: 363442
OS Grid: TF404634
Mapcode National: GBR KVV.FMJ
Mapcode Global: WHJM4.G3W8
Plus Code: 9F5243XX+R5
Entry Name: Church of St Peter
Listing Date: 3 February 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1146781
English Heritage Legacy ID: 196198
Location: Toynton St. Peter, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, PE23
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Toynton St Peter
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Toynton All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TOYNTON ST. PETER CHURCH LANE
TF 46 SW
6/83 Church of St.Peter
Parish church. C14, C15, 1876 rebuilding by James Fowler of
Louth. Squared greenstone rubble, ashlar dressings, squared
limestone rubble, some brick patching, slate roofs. Western
tower, nave, north aisle, chancel. Squat 3 stage C15 greenstone
tower has stepped corner buttresses, bell moulded plinth, moulded
string courses, brick parapet. 2 light belfry openings on west
and single light on other sides, with concave moulded surround
and trefoil headed lights. Deeply moulded pointed west doorway.
Above a 3 light window with concave moulded surround, trefoil
heads to the lights and panel tracery. Above a pierced
quatrefoil in deeply chamfered surround. North aisle has 3
paired C19 lancets with trefoil heads. At the east end a single
similar window. Limestone chancel with 3 light C19 east window.
On south side are 2 two light windows, one reused C14, with ogee
heads to the lights and a single trefoil headed lancet. South
side of nave has 4 paired lights as north side. Interior retains
C14 4 bay north nave arcade with octagonal piers and capitals,
double chamfered arches, C15 tower arch, octagonal responds,
imposts and double chamfered arch. C19 chancel arch. Fittings.
Fine C14 octagonal font, with traceried side panels, the stem is
encriched with fleurons.
Listing NGR: TF4040163442
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings