This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8792 / 53°52'45"N
Longitude: -1.0458 / 1°2'44"W
OS Eastings: 462826
OS Northings: 442982
OS Grid: SE628429
Mapcode National: GBR PR4L.D4
Mapcode Global: WHFCH.XR5G
Entry Name: The Parsonage Country House Hotel
Listing Date: 10 April 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1148457
English Heritage Legacy ID: 326289
Location: Escrick, Selby, North Yorkshire, YO19
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Escrick
Built-Up Area: Escrick
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Escrick St Helen
Church of England Diocese: York
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 15/01/2018
SE 64 SW
The Parsonage Country House Hotel
(Formerly listed as The Lodge Hotel, YORK ROAD (west side))
Vicarage now hotel 'HLS 1828' on fall pipes and '1828' on rear stack, with probable structural alterations and reroofing by F.C Penrose c1852. Pinkish-red and gault brick with ashlar dressings and Welsh slate roof. Jacobethan.
Two storeys with attics to gables, six bays, with single storey, single bay to right. The third (entrance) bay and fifth and sixth bays project slightly and are gabled with attics; the second and fourth bays are gabled. Plinth has moulded ashlar coping. Ashlar quoins to ground floor of entrance bay. Three steps to five-long-panelled door with Gothic tracery within moulded Tudor-arched surround. Mainly single light windows and two, three and four-light mullion windows within quoined ashlar surrounds, those to ground floor mainly under hoodmoulds, some also beneath gauged brick Tudor relieving arches. Some windows to first floor have decorative ashlar panels beneath. Oriel window above entrance. First floor ashlar band. Decorative weatherboard to gables. Ridge and rear stacks in groups of three, four and six are diagonal and columnar with crenellated caps Garden facade has two single-storey canted bays with 6-light mullion and transom windows.
Interior: entrance hall has two-bay, double-chamfered, Tudor-arched arcade and similar arch leading to service end; wrought-iron Jacobethan open-well staircase, panelled ceilings. Sitting-room has two Tudor-arched recesses. Dining room has swags with fruit to frieze. Shutters to most windows. Mainly four and six-long-fielded-panel doors within panelled architraves. Shutters to most windows.
Plans and drawings in the house dated 1852 show that F.C Penrose was called in to make structural alterations and dated 1887 to produce outbuildings.
Listing NGR: SE6282642982
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings