This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.9139 / 53°54'50"N
Longitude: -1.5694 / 1°34'9"W
OS Eastings: 428383
OS Northings: 446503
OS Grid: SE283465
Mapcode National: GBR KRH5.1Q
Mapcode Global: WHC8S.VWVD
Entry Name: Church of St Barnabas
Listing Date: 30 March 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1149990
English Heritage Legacy ID: 330569
Location: Weeton, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, LS17
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Weeton
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Weeton with North Rigton and Stainburn
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE 24 NE WEETON GALLOGATE LANE
5/100 Church of St Barnabas
Church of St Barnabas. 1851-53. Designed by Sir G G Scott for the Earl of
Harewood, but executed by E H Shellard. Snecked gritstone and ashlar,
Westmorland slate roof. Cruciform plan: nave of 3 bays, shallow transepts,
central spire, 2-bay chancel with vestry to north-east. High Gothic style.
South porch has cinquefoil-headed arch with dripmould. 3-light Decorated
east window. Tall broach spire. Interior: tower crossing has 2-bay arcades
with low pointed arches and clerestory over. Chancel arch has clustered
columns with roll and fillet mouldings. Wooden barrel vault to chancel is
decorated in red and blue, with gold stars. Reredos and sanctuary floor
decorated with polychrome glazed tiles. Font with tall, wooden, open-work
cover near south door. Elaborate brass candelabra and wall brackets.
Listing NGR: SE2838346503
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings